More of the Same:
Big New Francis Interview Published
Image credit: Osservatore Romano via El País
The Spanish newspaper El País has just released a new interview with “Pope” Francis, and it’s a long one to boot: In their English translation, the answers given by Francis exceed no fewer than 6,000 words. This is not surprising for the “Pope” who has practically talked non-stop since 2013, and who has given so many interviews that we have long stopped counting (we are probably in the 30-40ish range at this point).
The Q&A with Francis was conducted in Spanish and has been made available by El País in the following languages:
- “The danger is that in times of crisis we look for a savior” (English)
- “El peligro en tiempos de crisis es buscar un salvador que nos devuelva la identidad y nos defienda con muros” (Spanish)
- “O perigo em tempos de crise é buscar um salvador que nos devolva a identidade e nos defenda com muros” (Portuguese)
Here are what are perhaps the most salient quotes of the lengthy text:
- “To change is unnatural.”
- “Everything is calm, everything is quiet, when everything goes right.