Bergoglio talks tough — but is he credible?
Interview No. 10:
“I will use a Stick against Pedophile Priests”
So much for the vacation month of July being “quiet” as far as news from the Vatican and its Modernist-in-Chief, Jorge Bergoglio. After explicitly admitting he’s “not interested in converting Evangelicals to Catholicism” (no, really?!) and high-fiving Protestant televangelist James Robison, Francis has given yet another interview, once more to Eugenio Scalfari, the former-Catholic-turned-atheist editor of the Italian La Repubblica newspaper. This happened on July 10. In total, according to our reckoning, it is the tenth interview Francis has given, though we have left out some press conferences and a video message or two which others may also count as interviews (it’s simply too difficult to keep it all straight and keep up with it all — the man just can’t keep his jaws together).
At this point, no comprehensive and reliable English translation has been made available, but here are some links to the interview and its content:
- Full Interview with Francis, by Eugenio Scalfari (July 10, 2014) – Italian Original in La Repubblica
- Summary of Interview (English) – La Repubblica
- Francis: “About 2% of Catholic Clergy Pedophiles” (BBC News)
- Francis says 2% of Catholic Clergy are Pedophiles (Times of India)
- Francis promises “Solutions” on Celibacy (Sky News Australia)
- Francis reportedly promises “Solutions” to Priests’ Celibacy (CBS News)
- Pedophilia and Mafia in Francis’ Conversation with Journalist (Vatican Radio)
- UPDATE: Vatican Disputes Details in Scalfari Interview Account (Vatican Insider)
- Quit Blaming the Media — Rorate Caeli weighs in
- Stop Kidding Yourselves — Mundabor weighs in
Apparently Francis presents himself in this interview as the big tough guy ready to fight all the pedophiles and sex abusers in his church. Unfortunately, this picture is not exactly credible, as the following links reveal:
- Francis and Sexual Perversion: An Overview
- Pederasty & Homosexuality: Randy Engel slams Francis *** MUST-READ! ***
- The Infestation of Pederasts in the Vatican II Church
- Francis and the Gay Lobby (not exactly hard-core opposition)
- Homo Icon Elton John Endorses “Wonderful” Francis
- Sex Abuse in Argentina — how Francis acted as “Archbishop” of Buenos Aires
- Boff: Bergoglio “permitted a homosexual couple to adopt a child” in Argentina
- Under Bergoglio’s watch, homo-couple gets “their” children baptized in Buenos Aires Cathedral
- Francis holds Hands with Gay-Rights Activist Clergyman
- “Cardinal” Bergoglio supported Homo Civil Unions in Argentina
- “Who am I to Judge?” Novus Ordo Franciscans promote LGBT Lifestyle
- Conchita Wurst — “Cardinal” excited about Success of Transgender Blasphemer
So, while it’s easy to talk tough and hope no one cares to look at the past, it is always actions, past and present, that indicate a man’s true position, rather than what he says.
So, will Francis use a “stick” against pedophiles? Well, maybe a toothpick…
Of special note in this interview article are perhaps the last lines Scalfari penned, relating how he and Francis parted: “We hug again. I confess that I was moved. Francis caressed my cheek and the car started.”
How sweet. Don’t cry for me, Argentina!
Image source: shutterstock.com