Semi-trads in meltdown mode…
The Party Is Over: Francis kills ‘Summorum Pontificum’, severely limits Use of 1962 Missal
[LAST UPDATED: 16-JUL-2021 12:44 UTC]
Breaking news from Vatican City: Benedict XVI’s motu proprio letter Summorum Pontificum, which introduced the wide acceptance of the so-called Traditional Latin Mass, that is, the use of the Roncalli Missal of 1962, is history.
With a stroke of the pen, the phony “Vicar of Christ” Jorge Bergoglio, also known as “Pope” Francis, has abrogated the document the traditionalists in the Vatican II Church have clung to as the bedrock enabling their “Latin Mass culture”. Logical chickens are now coming home to roost.
Here is the full text, in English, released by the Vatican:
- Antipope Francis, Motu Proprio “Apostolic Letter” Traditionis Custodes on the Use of the Roman Liturgy prior to the Reform of 1970 (July 16, 2021)
Francis also released an accompanying letter explaining his motives for releasing Traditionis Custodes:
In a nutshell, this new motu proprio decrees the following:
- There is no more ordinary or extraordinary form — the Novus Ordo Missae of Paul VI is the “unique expression of the lex orandi of the Roman Rite”, a phrase that will surely be much talked about in the future
- The diocesan bishop alone gets to regulate the liturgical celebrations in his diocese
- The diocesan bishop is to determine whether any of the Latin Mass groups in his diocese deny the validity or legitimacy of the Novus Ordo Missae
- The diocesan bishop is to designate specific locations where Latin Mass goers may gather for their “Eucharistic celebration” — it cannot be in “parochial churches” and no new “personal parishes” may be established
- At those locations, the diocesan bishop is to establish specific days on which the Traditional Latin Mass may be offered
- When it is offered, the readings (epistle, Gospel) of the Latin Mass must be read in the vernacular language (i.e. in English, Italian, etc.) using a translation that the respective episcopal conference has approved for liturgical use
- The diocesan bishop is to appoint a suitable priest who is entrusted not only with the celebration of the traditional Missal but also with the pastoral care of the people who attend it. He is to be “animated by a lively pastoral charity and by a sense of ecclesial communion” who also takes spiritual care of those people.
- No new Latin Mass communities or groups are to be established
- Priests who want to offer the Traditional Mass after the publication of this decree must request permission from their bishop, who in turn must first consult the Holy See before granting it
- Priests who are currently using the 1962 Missal must request permission from the local bishop to continue doing so
- Anything contradicting this new decree, Francis hereby abrogates, no matter its authority
- This new decree is in force immediately and will be published in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis
BAM! That is nothing short of all-out war. It is a veritable figurative bloodbath for the semi-traditionalists.
In their usual devoted love and obedience towards the “Roman Pontiff”, the Rorate Caeli blog has signaled its ready submission of intellect and will to the new decree as follows:
The attack on Summorum is the strongest rebuke any Pontiff has done to any predecessor in living memory.
Shocking, and terrifying.
Francis HATES US.
Francis HATES Tradition.
Francis HATES all that is good and beautiful.
Francis by this action shows himself to be the most prominent Anti-Christical (in the sense of AGAINST JESUS CHRIST) figure for this age.]
FRANCIS WILL DIE, THE LATIN MASS WILL LIVE FOREVER
Yes, the bold print and all-caps are in the original. Had the new motu proprio been only a slight slap on the wrist demanding more incense, Rorate Caeli would have smugly tweeted: “The Holy Ghost once again acts to protect Holy Mother Church”.
As Psalm 117:9 says, “It is good to trust in the Lord, rather than to trust in princes.” People who put their trust in Modernists like Francis or Benedict XVI, will get… Modernism. The Vatican II Church is a Modernist counterfeit church. Summorum Pontificum simply allowed those in it who mean to be good traditional Catholics to mask the ugly reality of the church of which they are a part, making them believe that they could be traditional Roman Catholics in a Modernist sect.
Now the party is over, the mask is off!
So… now what? FIND OUT!
Image source: shutterstock.com