Unidentified man takes action…
Amazon Synod Pachamama Idols Thrown into Tiber River in Rome [Updated with Reactions]
[UPDATE 22-OCT-2019 22:59 UTC: Reactions added at end of post]
Breaking news from Rome, everyone: Some courageous soul has decided there’s been enough dialogue and bridge building and it’s now time for some action: The disgusting Pachamama idols that had popped up in the church of Santa Maria in Traspontina and that Francis had blessed in the Vatican Gardens on Oct. 4 in connection with the ongoing Amazon Synod, have been removed by an as-yet unidentified individual and cast into the Tiber river.
Video footage of the heroic act has been made available, and reactions have begun pouring in:
Now this will really turn things upside down in the Vatican press hall. An act like this is a million times more effective than some petition, some book release, or some conference.
To whoever did this: Thank you! God bless you!
“For all the gods of the Gentiles are devils: but the Lord made the heavens” (Ps 95:5).
“For they themselves relate of us, what manner of entering in we had unto you; and how you turned to God from idols, to serve the living and true God” (1 Thess 1:9).
“For the time past is sufficient to have fulfilled the will of the Gentiles, for them who have walked in riotousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and unlawful worshipping of idols” (1 Pet 4:3).
“Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen” (1 Jn 5:21).
UPDATE Oct. 22 — reactions have been pouring in, including from the Vatican:
- Vatican: Prefect for Communication comments on theft of statues from Rome church
- Vatican: Saint John Henry Newman and the statuettes thrown into the Tiber River
- Vatican Spokesman on the Drowning of the Pachamama Idols: “These people don’t believe in dialogue.”
- Vatican accuses conservative social media of fomenting hate after statues dumped
- Amazon group denounces theft and destruction of indigenous statue in Rome
- Retired Novus Ordo bishop of Corpus Christi, Texas, approves of drowning of earth goddess statues
- “Bp.” Rick Stika wants those who removed the statues to be arrested
- ‘Symbol of life’ or ‘Pachamama’: Vatican and REPAM synod organizers divided on identity of mysterious statue?
- Diane Montagna reports on reactions from Rome
- A review of some reactions on Twitter
- Vatican can’t understand why Catholics threw Amazon Synod’s ‘pachamama’ idols in Tiber river?
- Whatever that was, it wasn’t a ‘stunt’
- Meet Kyle J Baker SJ, the Stalinist Hippy Trying to Get Catholics Banned from Twitter
- The dishonest cruelty of the thief who drowned Our Lady of the Amazon
- ‘Archbishop’ Viganò decries ‘aberrant and sacrilegious pagan rites’ during synod
Image source: youtube.com (screenshot)
License: fair use
Be the first to start a conversation