017 TRADCAST (29 MAR 2017)
- Segment 1: Four years of Francis; Anglican liturgy at St. Peter’s Basilica; Chris Ferrara’s use of Dominus Iesus to blast Anglicanism; response to Catholic Truth Blog‘s lamentation about conversions to Sedevacantism
- Segment 2: Francis defeats Jimmy Akin on “proselytism”; a dilemma for semi-trads; response to Michael Matt’s Remnant TV program “Papolatry RIP: Pope Ignites Counterrevolution”; controversy and good will.
- Total run time: 1 hr 23 mins
You can listen to the show by clicking the big play button in the embedded player above. Alternatively, you can choose right below from more listening/viewing options:
Alternate Show Links (Audio and Video)
- Direct Link to mp3 File for Download (Audio)
- Direct YouTube Link (Video)
- Embedded – see below
Links to Items mentioned in the Show & Related Information
- TRADCAST & TRADCAST EXPRESS: Complete Episode List
- Novus Ordo Watch, “Profanation in Rome: Anglican Liturgy celebrated in St. Peter’s Basilica” (Mar. 13, 2017)
- YouTube Video: “Chris Ferrara on the Anglican Desecration of the Vatican – Rapid Response Team”, The Fatima Center (uploaded Mar. 13, 2017)
- Novus Ordo Document: Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Declaration Dominus Iesus (2000)
- Book: Christopher Ferrara & Thomas E. Woods, Jr., The Great Façade: The Regime of Novelty in the Catholic Church from Vatican II to the Francis Revolution (2nd ed., 2015)
- Article: “Note on Dominus Jesus“, SiSiNoNo (March 2003, no. 51)
- Blog Post: “Convicted by a Sedevacantist”, Vox Consolatoris (Mar. 10, 2017)
- Blog Post: “Pope Francis Causing Catholics To Leave The Church – Can YOU Help Them?”, Catholic Truth Blog (Feb. 9, 2017)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “The ‘Bad Popes’ Argument” (Mar. 4, 2014)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “Deflating Another ‘Resistance’ Myth: Can we reject Magisterial Teaching if it wasn’t believed ‘always, everywhere, and by all’?” (Aug. 11, 2015)
- Church Document: Pope Pius XII, Encyclical Mystici Corporis (1943)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “Sedevacantism: Have the Gates of Hell Prevailed?” (Dec. 27, 2015)
- Collection of Church Documents: Denzinger’s Enchiridion Symbolorum (1954 ed.)
- Church Document: Pope Pius IX, Encyclical Inter Multiplices (1853)
- Article: Christopher Ferrara, “Imploding Papacy Signals Triumph of Immaculate Heart”, The Remnant (Mar. 6, 2017)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “‘Pope’ Francis gives Interview to Italian La Repubblica“ (Oct. 3, 2013)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “Akin vs. Akin: Let’s get Technical” (May 29, 2015)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “Francis: ‘I am a Sinner and am Fallible’ – Interview in Die Zeit“ (Mar. 8, 2017)
- DONATE to Novus Ordo Watch / TRADCAST here!
- YouTube Video: “PAPALOTRY, RIP: Pope Ignites Counterrevolution”, The Remnant Underground (uploaded Mar. 9, 2017)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “Is Francis a valid Pope? – Why it does matter” (Nov. 6, 2014)
- YouTube Video: “Vatican Scandals: An Appeal to Pope Francis to Stop the Madness”, The Remnant Forum (uploaded Dec. 19, 2015)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “The Truth about Pope Liberius and St. Athanasius” (Apr. 12, 2016)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “A Response to ‘Bishop’ Athanasius Schneider’s Claims against Pope Liberius” (Nov. 25, 2016)
- Book: Benedictine Monks of Solesmes, eds., Papal Teachings: The Church, trans. by Mother E. O’Gorman, RSCJ (Boston, MA: St. Paul Editions, 1962).
- Web Site: TheCatholicArchive.com
- Article: Rev. William Jenkins, “The New Ordination Rite: Purging the Priesthood in the Conciliar Church”, The Roman Catholic (1981)
- Image File: Abp. Marcel Lefebvre’s handwritten Letter to Mr. Wilson (Oct. 28, 1988)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “SSPX Bp. Tissier Reignites Debate over Validity of Novus Ordo Ordinations” (July 1, 2016)
- Blog Post: Rev. Anthony Cekada, “SSPX Bishops on Bishops and ‘Bishops'”, Quidlibet (Nov. 28, 2013)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “Why the Novus Ordo Rite of Episcopal Consecration is INVALID” (Nov. 5, 2013)
- Novus Ordo Watch, “Fr. Frederick Faber on the Deception of the Antichrist” (Feb. 23, 2013)
- Support TRADCAST/NovusOrdoWatch by making a tax-deductible donation HERE
- Follow Novus Ordo Watch on Twitter
- Follow TRADCAST on Twitter
Four Automatic Subscription Options for TRADCAST
- TRADCAST by Email (receive automatic notifications of each new episode by email)
- The TRADCAST RSS Feed (for use with any podcast service)
- TRADCAST on iTunes (subscribe using Apple iTunes)
- TRADCAST on Stitcher (subscribe using Stitcher.com)
Great episode! Thank you N.O.W.!
It is a wonder that Our Lord’s allows the Vatican II sect to blind so many.
2 Thessalonians 2:10-11: “Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity.”
2 Thess. Chapter 2 speaks of the “wicked one” shall be revealed’…. Do you believe this has happened? Is the Vatican II heresy a judgment on those that follow it? The quote in the Latin ” eo quod caritatem veritatis non receperunt ut salvi fierent ” seems even stronger then the English. ” because they receive not the love of truth , that they might be saved”
No, I don’t think it has happened yet, but it’s not like my opinion has any significance here. I just wanted to point out that God has revealed that at some point He will allow people to be deceived.
On that point, though, I would encourage you, if you have not seen it yet, to listen to this important lecture on the Papacy and the Passion of the Church:
Alternatively, have a look at Cardinal Manning’s presentation of the testimony of Catholic Tradition on the meaning of 2 Thess 2 and the one that withholds and the wicked one that shall be revealed:
I’m new to Tradcast, but cannot deny crystal clear logic. No doubt the Chair of Peter is empty. I think, perhaps, if this year is not the end of all things, that God may be using these heretics to show us all how fragile and precious is our Faith. If most of our Bishops and Popes are capable of loosing their faith, (and have) why not the rest of us? I pray for one last chance, although very few of us deserve it.