Welcome to the NEW Novus Ordo Watch!
Congratulations, you have reached our brand-new web site!
After months of tiresome work, and not without a few hiccups, we have finally completed our long-overdue web site upgrade, and we hope you will like it as much as we do.
Please take your time in finding your way around the new site. Begin with the menu interface at the top and simply click through everything slowly to see all the content that is available and where it’s located. You will find that we have added to and revised a lot of our content, fixed all broken links (insofar as that was possible), and organized everything systematically, making it easier to find.
Have a good look at the sidebar on the right (if you’re on mobile view on a smartphone or tablet, you will see it at the bottom). This is where you can quickly find the latest posts, what posts are the most popular at the current time, our most recent tweets, our blog archive by month, another archive by day, a tag cloud and category listing to quickly find posts by keyword or category, and various links to support us. In addition, you will find a convenient search box at the very top and also several social media icons to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, the Disqus comment platform, on iTunes (for our podcasts), and you are given the opportunity to subscribe to our blog through RSS.
Notice also that almost all pages have a “Print Friendly” icon at the top left. Click it if you want to print a page, and a window will pop up giving you a preview that you can modify so you can choose exactly what will print and what won’t (for example, images).
As far as comments go: We have retained Disqus as the comments provider on all our blog posts. The comments from the old web site have been transferred, so no comments are lost. However, it may take up to 24 hours from the time you first see this notice, for the transfer to finish. So if old comments on a post are not showing yet, they will appear there soon.
We are aware that there are still some broken links on the site (links that do not work). We are in the process of fixing all of them — we just did not want to delay publication of the site any longer just because of a handful of links.
A handy overview of all content available on this web site is provided by our site map or site index. You can access it under the “About” menu option or simply click here. It lists all pages and blog posts available on Novus Ordo Watch.
If something isn’t working or displaying correctly on your end:
- RELAX! Take a deep breath — it’s okay!
- There will inevitably be some items that we missed, some things that do not look right for everybody, some broken links that didn’t update correctly. Remember that not everybody uses the same tools to view the site: There are different devices (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone), different browsers (Edge, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.), different operating systems (Windows, OS X, iOs, Linux, etc.), and so on.
- If something isn’t working for you, you can contact us and let us know about it: Use the Contact Form here.
- Please be patient. A lot of work went into this, but with human beings at work, there are bound to be mistakes somewhere. Thank you.
What if you don’t like the new web site?
- No matter what, we cannot please everybody. Many (hopefully most!) people will love the new site, others will dislike it, and still others won’t care either way.
- Give it some time. As you begin to use the new site, even if not everything is to your total satisfaction, you will see quickly how useful it is and how easily you can now find information and share it with others.
- This web site upgrade was necessary. We didn’t put 6 months of work into this just to have a cooler look. As technology improves, and as we try to grow and put up more and better content faster, it is prudent to utilize the new tools available. It is not just a matter of the content output that you see — it’s also about facilitating the content input. The new site will make it easier for us to produce and manage content.
- If despite all you still don’t like the new web site, we have a really Catholic idea for you: Offer it up. We all have our crosses. 😉
And now: (Re-)Discover Novus Ordo Watch! Make sure you check out all the topical pages because we have added and revised lots of content. We also now have a meme page, a video page, a “start here” page for newcomers, and much more.
Finally, we would like to officially announce that we can now receive tax-deductible donations. We are registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the United States, and all U.S. contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent permitted by law. If you benefit from our web site, could we ask you to help us out with a small donation to help offset expenses? Click below:
Novus Ordo Watch will always be free to the general public, and it needs to be this way because we want to reach the very people who would otherwise never see our content. But it does cost us a good chunk of money to operate every month, and we have no other way of offsetting the expenses than by humbly asking for your cooperation. We hope that you agree that the content and service we provide is worthy of your support.
Thank you very much, and enjoy the new web site!