Airtight & Extremely Compelling…
The Syllogism of Sedevacantism
A Conference with Bp. Donald Sanborn
(presented on Dec. 21, 2013 in London, England)
In this powerful 110-minute talk, His Excellency Bp. Donald Sanborn of Most Holy Trinity Seminary in Brooksville, Florida, gives an airtight presentation of the case for Sedevacantism, demonstrating with impeccable logic that the religion taught, practiced, and imposed by the Novus Ordo Church in the Vatican is not the Roman Catholic religion founded by our Lord Jesus Christ and represented by all true Popes up until Pius XII (d. 1958).
Using easy-to-follow argumentation, Bp. Sanborn shows that Catholic principles applied to the doctrines of the Second Vatican Council (1962-65) and the post-conciliar magisterium require us to conclude that the church of Vatican II is essentially different from the Catholic Church before the council, that is, the Church of Pope Pius XII and his predecessors. This conclusion is even seconded by none other than the man the world knew as “Pope John Paul II”, Karol Wojtyla, who brazenly stated in a 1977 book: “The Church . . . succeeded, during the second Vatican Council, in re-defining her own nature” (Wojtyla, Sign of Contradiction, p. 17). (See a scan of the page where this quote appears HERE.)
In this insightful presentation, Bp. Sanborn explains that the fundamental question every Catholic must ask himself in our times is: “Does the religion of Vatican II represent a substantial or merely an accidental change with the Roman Catholic religion? In other words, do the doctrines, disciplines, and liturgical practices of the Novus Ordo Church represent Roman Catholicism?”
His Excellency proceeds to explain how we must answer this question and then critically examines the alternate answers given by various groups, such as the indult communities like the Fraternity of St. Peter, the “recognize-and-resist” groups like the Society of St. Pius X, and people of the “conservative” Novus Ordo persuasion.
Bp. Sanborn also refutes various objections commonly made against the sedevacantist position, such as the following:
- “We cannot judge the Pope”
- “These Popes are only material heretics, not formal heretics”
- “Only the Church can declare the Pope a Non-Pope”
- “A bad father is still a father”
- “We have had bad Popes before”
- “Sedevacantism denies the visibility of the Church – where is the hierarchy?”
- “How then could we ever get a true Pope back?”
- “All this is just your opinion!”
One of the great advantages of Bp. Sanborn’s syllogism is that it completely sidesteps the issue of whether anybody is personally guilty of the sin or crime of heresy, a topic about which many people are not comfortable making up their minds. As His Excellency shows, this question, though important, need not be answered or even broached at all in order to arrive at the necessary conclusion that the Vatican II Sect is not the Catholic Church of Pope Pius XII, the Church before Vatican II.
The professional recording of this conference was made possible by True Restoration, a volunteer-based Catholic media apostolate. Please support them and do your soul a favor by purchasing a subscription to their incredibly instructive and edifying video content.
You will find Bp. Sanborn’s presentation refreshingly clear, informative, and logically compelling. This is a must-watch video for all who love and cherish the True Faith of our Blessed Lord Jesus Christ.
Spread this video far and wide!
Important Related Articles, Videos & Audios:
- Why Sedevacantism? A Priest Explains & Answers Objections (Video)
- Response to Fr. Francois Chazal on Sedevacantism
- Novus Ordo Watch Response to Bp. Richard Williamson on Sedevacantism (1)
- Bp. Sanborn responds to Bp. Williamson on Sedevacantism
- Bp. Sanborn addresses Charge of Sedevacantist “Pope Sifting”
- The “Bad Popes” Argument
- Numerous Popes before Vatican II warned of the Freemasonic Plot against the Church
- Sedevacantism: A Quick Primer
- Resisting the Pope, Sedevacantism, and the Novus Ordo “Frankenchurch” Heresy
- Traditionalists, Infallibility, and the Pope [PDF]
- Opinionism – Is the Pope Question just a Matter of “Opinion”?
- Did Vatican II Teach Infallibly? You might be surprised at this one…
- Rejoinder from the “Rad Trads” – Our Response to Catholic Answers
- A Refutation of Various Common Objections to Sedevacantism
- More Objections to Sedevacantism Refuted
- St. Robert Bellarmine on “Resisting” the Pope – What Was He Really Saying?
- Are Sedevacantists “Pope-Sifting”?
- Sedevacantism: How to Tell Aunt Helen
- Did Vatican II Teach Heresy? Debate: Bp. Sanborn vs. Dr. Fastiggi (video)
- Resistance and Indefectibility: Where is the Church?
- The Apostasy of John Paul II: A Catholic Response
- The Impossible Crisis
- Concerning an SSPX Dossier on Sedevacantism
- Sede Vacante 1958-2008: Reflections on a 50-Year Vacancy of the Apostolic See
- The “Canonization” of John Paul II: Decision Time for Non-Sedevacantist Traditionalists
- “Recognize and Resist”? Why It’s Not an Option
- Refinishing the Great Facade: The Vatican, the SSPX, and the “Restoration of Tradition”
- Stumbling at the Finish Line: The SSPX’s Illogical Stance on the Pope Question
- The Chair Is Still Empty: A Response to John Salza on Sedevacantism
- Houston, We Have a Problem – Novus Ordo Church Law in Practice
- Unholy Orders: “Pope” Paul VI’s New Ordination Rite is Invalid
- 50 Years of Vatican II: A Review of the Modernist Errors of the Second Vatican Council (audio)
- Traditional Catholics and Devotion to the Pope: Can we “Recognize and Resist”? (audio)
- “The Errors of the Society of Saint Pius X” (audio)
- “The Ordinary Magisterium and Devotion to the Pope” (audio)
- Eclipse of the Church: What happened after the death of Pope Pius XII?
- Fr. Sylvester Berry in 1927: “Satan will set up a False Church”
- When Death comes for you, how you will you choose?
Be the first to start a conversation