The ‘Voris Virus’ Strikes again…
A WWF Papacy?
On April 12, 2013, Michael Voris’ ChurchMilitant.TV released the rollowing Vortex broadcast:
In case you missed our first post on the ‘Voris Virus’, we defined it as “the refusal to report those inconvenient facts that contradict the agenda you want to push on your audience”. The April 12, 2013, broadcast of the Vortex, entitled “WWF Papacy!!!”, is another textbook example of that. Hardly able to contain his excitement, the anchor reports: “…the liberal-progressive-modernist gang [is] freaking out that Pope Francis is actually – Catholic!”
What makes Mr. Voris assert such an absurd idea? It was a homily Jorge Bergoglio (“Pope Francis”) gave at the St. Martha house in Vatican City on April 6, during his daily “Mass”. The homily is available in full in the original Italian here, but we are also sharing a translated summary of the sermon, as provided by Mr. Zuhlsdorf:
“In his brief sermon, the Pope commented on the readings for Saturday of the Octave of Easter: the first finds Peter and John bearing witness with courage to the faith before the Jewish heads despite threats, while in the Gospel the risen Jesus reprimands the incredulity of the Apostles who don’t believe those who state that they have seen Him alive.
“The Pontiff asked this question: ‘How’s our faith? Is it strong? Or is it sometimes a bit superficial?…’ When difficulties come, ‘are we courageous like Peter or a little lukewarm?’ Peter – he pointed out– didn’t stay silent about the Faith, he din’t descend to compromises, because ‘the Faith isn’t negotiable.’ ‘There has been, throughout history of the people, this temptation: to chop a piece off the Faith’, the temptation to be a bit ‘like everyone else does’, the temptation ‘not to be so very rigid’. ‘But when we start to cut down the Faith, to negotiate Faith, a little like selling it to the highest bidder’, he stressed, ‘we take the path of apostasy, of disloyalty to the Lord.’
“Pope Francis emphasized that in its history the Church has had many martyrs, down to this day, ‘because to find martyrs it isn’t necessary to go down to the catacombs or to the Colosseum: martyrs are alive now, in many countries.’ ‘Christians’, Pope Francis stated, ‘are persecuted for the Faith. In some countries they can’t wear a cross: if they do so they are punished. Today, in the 21st century, our Church is a Church of martyrs.’”
Ah, what a powerful, non-compromising homily, right? Unfortunately for the “Pope-Francis-is-a-super-conservative-Catholic” advocates, it is absolutely and super-abundantly clear that Francis himself does not possess nor defend nor promote the Roman Catholic Faith – that, instead, he preaches and advocates and practices a mutilated, modernistic, watered-down corruption of the Faith and pushes it on the people under the pretense of true Catholicism. And people like Michael Voris and “Fr.” Zuhlsdorf – whether wittingly or unwittingly – are helping him in this impious endeavor, which has the result of deceiving and ensnaring millions of souls who are the victims of this campaign of attempting to deceive the elect. (Remember that a deception, by definition, is necessarily not open but hidden, at least to a significant extent; otherwise no one would be deceived.)
Reality Check: Does “Pope” Francis compromise? Does he courageously preach the Faith to the Jews and others? Is he himself “lukewarm” or “rigid”? Does he himself “take the path of apostasy”?
Within just one short month of his claiming the papacy, the following (and more!) is already known about Bergoglio-Francis that contradicts the silly and totally-absurd idea of a ‘WWF papacy’. But Voris will not tell you this because it isn’t helpful to the cause he’s trying to promote – that he is “with the Pope” and that the “Pope” is a die-hard conservative who wants to fight the same battles Voris & ChurchMilitant.TV are fighting. (In fact, if Bergoglio hadn’t been elected “Pope”, he himself might have become the object of Voris’ reporting against the super-progressives who have no regard for proper liturgy and theologically compromise the Faith all the time.) Here, then, is a collection of select pieces of evidence that prove that Bergoglio is the very opposite of the kind of man Voris, Zuhlsdorf & Co. are trying to portray him as:
- Exposing “Pope” Francis: the Modernist Laundry List of Jorge Bergoglio
- Confirmed: “Cardinal” Bergoglio Endorsed Homo-Perverted Civil Unions in Argentina
- “Pope” Francis – The Great Pretender
- Francis the Hun – Bergoglio’s Compromise of the Faith with Head of German Lutherans
- The Horror! A Buenos Aires Journalist Describes Bergoglio
- Francis the Talking Apostate
- Another Day in the Life of an Antichrist
- “Cardinal” Bergoglio honored liberal, pro-homosexual Jewish Rabbi Abraham Skorka, co-authored book with him
- Restoration Radio 2-hour broadcast (listen any time) on Bergoglio: Habemus Papam? Francis I
- At Francis’ Inauguration “Mass” on 3/19/13, United States Vice President Joe Biden and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, both public pro-abortion apostates, received “Holy Communion”
- The List: What “Pope” Francis has done
- Leonardo Boff: Bergoglio “Explicitly Permitted a Homosexual Couple to Adopt a Child”
- Flashback 2012: Baptism of two children “adopted” by homosexual-transgender-pervert couple in Bergoglio’s Buenos Aires Basilica
- ‘Strong and Determined Liberal’ – Jorge Bergoglio Info from Argentina
- Flashback 2012: Bergoglio Honors Pervert Rabbi, Is Silent in Face of Attack on Church
- Video: Apostate Bergoglio Celebrates Hanukkah in Jewish Temple (2012)
- Video: Bergoglio a Speaker at Protestant-“Catholic” Charismatic Event
- Francis’ Beliefs about Ecumenism, Interreligious Dialogue contrasted with true Catholic Teaching
- B’Nai B’rith “Memorial Liturgy” in the Cathedral of Buenos Aires with “Cardinal” Bergoglio
- Francis brings back the blasphemous ‘Bent Cross’ Crozier
- SSPX District Superior of South America on the Real Jorge Bergoglio
- Video: Bergoglio’s “Archdiocesan Children’s Mass” (2011) – priceless!
- Video: Francis the Liturgical Wildcat: “Pinocchio Mass” for Children
- Photos: And Another Bergoglio “Mass” (notice all the immodestly-dressed women)
- Francis decries “Triumphalism” but doesn’t define it – apparently he means “presumption” but the phrase “Catholic Triumphalism” is usually a derogatory term that refers to the claim of the Catholic Church to be the only true religion, which is held by Catholics but denied by modernists like Francis
- “We must remember that if all the manifestly good men were on one side and all the manifestly bad men on the other, there would be no danger of anyone, least of all the elect, being deceived by lying wonders. It is the good men, good once, we must hope good still, who are to do the work of Anti-Christ and so sadly to crucify the Lord afresh…. Bear in mind this feature of the last days, that this deceitfulness arises from good men being on the wrong side.” —Fr. Frederick Faber, Sermon for Pentecost Sunday, 1861; qtd. in Fr. Denis Fahey, The Mystical Body of Christ in the Modern World (text here)
What? This doesn’t jibe with the impression Michael Voris and ChurchMilitant.TV have been giving you about “Pope Francis”? Maybe you’re reading the wrong web sites and watching the wrong “Catholic” programming…
One last thing: Francis’ suggestion that there can be martyrs (in the Catholic sense of the term) that are not Catholic is yet another denial of the Faith, a denial of the dogma No Salvation Outside the Church (and we’re talking here about the orthodox meaning of the dogma, not the Feeneyite misinterpretation). Ironically, it is the very kind of concession to ecumenism and heresy that he ostensibly decries in the very same homily as “chop[ping] a piece off the Faith” leading eventually to “apostasy”.
The Roman Catholic Church “firmly believes, professes, and proclaims that those not living within the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but also Jews and heretics and schismatics cannot become participants in eternal life, but will depart ‘into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels’ [Matt. 25:41], unless before the end of life the same have been added to the flock; and that the unity of the ecclesiastical body is so strong that only to those remaining in it are the sacraments of the Church of benefit for salvation, and do fastings, almsgiving, and other functions of piety and exercises of Christian service produce eternal reward, and that no one, whatever almsgiving he has practiced, even if he has shed blood for the name of Christ, can be saved, unless he has remained in the bosom and unity of the Catholic Church.”
(Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence, Decree Cantate Domino, 1441; Denz. 714)
OK, Mr. Voris and Mr. Zuhlsdorf: We’d like to see THAT preached by your super-conservative-über-Catholic-WWF-no-compromise “Pope”!
… Hello? We can’t hear you!
In fact, in his meeting with the head of the German Lutherans on April 8, a “super-orthodox” Bergoglio endorsed the heretical “ecumenism of the martyrs” (see here).
In these challenging and turbulent times, we must never deny reality; we must courageously acknowledge the evidence before us and arrive at the sound conclusions that follow from this evidence. Do not allow your preferences, needs, emotions, fears, or anything else to twist the evidence – instead, begin with the evidence and reason it through to its necessary conclusion: The Vatican II sect is not and cannot be the Roman Catholic Church of Pope Pius XII and before. Non habemus Papam!
[An explanatory note regarding the quote from the Council of Florence is in order because this text is often cited by Feeneyites in support of their denial of baptism of blood and desire: Note that the Council of Florence insists that for salvation all must be inside the Catholic Church before death – this is technically to be distinguished from being a member of the Catholic Church, because it is possible to be inside the Church without, strictly speaking, a member. And while it is possible for a Christian who does not profess Catholicism to be inside the Church (due to inculpable ignorance, for example), and therefore for him also to die a true martyr, nevertheless the Church could never recognize as a member of the Church someone who does not profess the true Faith (see Pius XII, Encyclical Mystici Corporis, par. 22). Hence the salvation dogmas do not speak of membership in the Church but merely of being inside the Church. (For a proper explanation of No Salvation Outside the Church, see Mgr. Joseph Clifford Fenton’s 1958 book, The Catholic Church and Salvation. Fenton [1906-1969] worked closely with the Holy Office and Cardinal Ottaviani. See also Fenton’s “Questions About Membership in the Church”  here.)]