Joseph Ratzinger Facts & Information: What you need to know about the man who claimed to be the Pope from 2005 to 2013
On April 19, 2005, the German "cardinal" Fr. Joseph Ratzinger was elected "Pope" Benedict XVI. This page is dedicated to demonstrating that the past and present beliefs and actions of this individual reveal that he is not a Catholic, and therefore he cannot possibly hold the highest office in the Catholic Church, the papacy. Furthermore, the "episcopal consecration" of Fr. Ratzinger in 1977 was invalid, and hence Joseph Ratzinger is not even a bishop but only a priest (ordained in 1951).
We also advise you to read "What to Expect of Benedict XVI", an essay we put together in 2005, outlining what we believed would happen during the time Benedict XVI occupies the Vatican.
While Fr. Ratzinger has resigned from his claim to the papal office effective February 28, 2013, he nevertheless claims to have held the office of Catholic Pope for almost 8 years.
The Masonic Handshakes of Benedict XVI (click)
This video gives convincing proof that Fr. Joseph Ratzinger, the false "Pope" Benedict XVI, routinely uses Masonic handshakes when meeting certain high-profile individuals, while shaking hands normally with others. Though the creator of this video is an anti-Catholic Protestant (and therefore does not believe Benedict XVI to be an Antipope of the False Pseudo-Catholic Church but the true Pope of the Roman Catholic Church), this is not relevant to the evidence he gives. The true Catholic Church has long condemned Freemasonry and forbidden Catholics from joining the Masons. This attitude did not change until the death of the last known true Pope, Pius XII (1958), after whom the first of the current Antipopes, John XXIII, took over and began the revolution ushered in with the Second Vatican Council.
The Real Joseph Ratzinger: Proud of His Blasphemy and His Blaspheming Mentor
Benedict XVI Admits: Goal of Dialogue is NOT Conversion (2012)
Apostasy in Action: Benedict XVI, Judaism, and the Church
New Evidence Uncovered: Karl Rahner Testimony reveals Ratzinger called "heretic who denies hell"
Meet the "Ratzingerian Marxists" (No Joke!)
Flashback 2004: Ratzinger Personally Consecrates Neo-Modernist Bishop
What's up with that "Reform of the Reform"?
Teilhard de Chardin's "Great Vision" of a "Cosmic Liturgy" -- endorsed by Benedict XVI
Flashback 1962: Fr. Ratzinger vs. Cardinal Ottaviani before the Council
Benedict XVI 2012: Repudiates Nothing of his Work at Vatican II
An Inconvenient Truth: The Religious Orientation of Joseph Ratzinger
Ratzinger: Demolish the Holy Office!
Ratzinger: "Raze the Catholic Bastions!"
The New (1968) Rite of Episcopal Consecration is Invalid, Benedict XVI is not a Valid Bishop - Essays to Prove It:
- Absolutely Null and Utterly Void (2006) by Fr. Anthony Cekada [PDF]
- Why the New Bishops are Not True Bishops (2006) by Cekada [PDF]
- Still Null and Still Void (2007) by Cekada [PDF]
- New Bishops, Empty Tabernacle (2007) by Cekada [PDF]
- Saved by Context? Answer to an Objection (2012) by Cekada (blog post)
Nothing New Here:
"Cardinal" Ratzinger rejects Scholastic Theology
Reality Check: The idea that "the method and principles by which the old scholastic doctors cultivated theology are no longer suitable to the demands of our times and to the progress of the sciences" was formally condemned by Pope Pius IX, Syllabus of Errors, 1864
Reality Check: It is forbidden that the Sacraments of the Church be ministered to heretics and schismatics, even if they ask for them and are in good faith, unless beforehand, rejecting their errors, they are reconciled with the Church." (1917 Code of Canon Law, Canon 731.2)
What you may not know: the Novus Ordo Church does already permit Protestants to receive Communion sometimes: "While it is never legitimate to concelebrate [the Holy Mass] in the absence of full communion, the same is not true with respect to the administration of the Eucharist under special circumstances, to individual persons belonging to Churches or Ecclesial Communities not in full communion with the Catholic Church" (John Paul II, Ecclesia de Eucharistia, n. 45, 2003)
The same is legislated in the Novus Ordo Code of Canon Law of 1983
Reality Check: The Church can authoritatively define
the objective meaning of a book: "If the Church could not
define the orthodox or unorthodox sense of books, . . . she
could not fulfil her task as practical teacher of humanity,
not protect her children from actual concrete dangers to their
faith and morals." --Catholic Encyclopedia, s.v.
Related: Catholic Encyclopedia on Rosmini
Related: Rosmini's Rehabilitation and the Ratzinger Agenda
Documented: Ratzinger's Denial of Original Sin
Ratzinger was Suspect of Heresy under Pope Pius XII
Denouncing those who oppose Vatican II: "We must be on guard against minimizing these movements. Without a doubt, they represent a sectarian zealotry that is the antithesis of Catholicity. We cannot resist them too firmly." (Citation Info: Joseph Ratzinger, Principles of Catholic Theology, Ignatius Press, 1987, pp. 389-90; German original: Katholische Prinzipienlehre, 1982)
1982 book, "Cardinal" Ratzinger writes that Catholics
don't want dissolution of Protestantism but hope Protestants
will be strengthened in their Confessions (Citation
Info: Joseph Ratzinger, Principles of Catholic Theology,
Ignatius Press, 1987, p. 202; German original: Katholische
Reality Check: Pope Pius XI Condemns Ecumenism
Fr. Ratzinger (right) at Vatican II -- in typical liberal "suit-and-tie" fashion, despite having been ordained to the priesthood over 10 years earlier. Here he is seen conversing with fellow-modernist Fr. Karl Rahner (d. 1984), another giant of the New Theology, likewise dressed in suit and tie. Both priests played an essential role in making Vatican II what it became.
Ratzinger Approved "Mass"
"...the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith on January 17th, 2001 concluded that this Anaphora can be considered valid."
In Novus Ordo speak, the consecration is the "Institution Narrative"
Reality Check: A missing Consecration renders the Holy Mass invalid
More Destructive Milestones (Part 2)
the Conservative" Update:
Ratzinger Reportedly Said Jews' Rejection of Jesus Christ not a Rejection of God but a Reminder that Peace & Salvation Not Yet Come
...So Benedict XVI is not only not a Catholic, but not even a Christian!
1559 Apostolic Constitution of Pope Paul IV declares a Heretic cannot be elected Pope, no matter how many cardinals vote for him:
"If ever at any time it shall appear that any Bishop . . . or any Cardinal of the . . . Roman Church, . . . or even the Roman Pontiff, prior to his promotion or his elevation as Cardinal or Roman Pontiff, has deviated from the Catholic Faith or fallen into some heresy: (i) the promotion or elevation, even if it shall have been uncontested and by the unanimous assent of all the Cardinals, shall be null, void and worthless..." --Pope Paul IV, Cum Ex Apostolatus Officio, March 15, 1559
So Now What? Saintly Advice:
"They [the faithful] must pray above all for the Church of Darkness to leave Rome."
--Ven. Anne Catherine Emmerich, Aug. 25, 1820 (qtd. in Yves Dupont, Catholic Prophecy, p.64)
Information and Links pertaining to the Resignation of "Pope" Benedict XVI / Joseph Ratzinger
- Full Text of Benedict XVI's Official Declaration of Resignation (Feb. 11, 2013)
- Official Vatican Web Site
- BBC: Benedict in Shock Resignation
- Benedict Resigns: The U.S. Response
- Georg Ratzinger: "Pope Considered Quitting for Months"
- Press Release of Society of St. Pius X thanks Benedict XVI for Efforts at Unity
- CNS: Period of Transition will Follow Ratzinger's Resignation
- Catholic Family News: "In a Media Age, What Does an Ex-Pope Do?"
- The Remnant: "Did the Wolves Win?" [Good Grief! - "Peter" is the Wolf!]
- Video: Novus Ordo Cardinals' Reactions to Benedict's Resignation Announcement
- Video: What Will Benedict do when he is no longer Benedict?
- Benedict to Retire to Monastery after February 28
- Listen Anytime: Restoration Radio's 2-Hour Special Program on Ratzinger Resignation, with Bp. Donald Sanborn (Part 1)
- Oh, Brother! The Remnant Fails to Surprise: Chris Ferrara has found yet another way to spin the simple, dry facts into a "masterstroke" of his beloved Benedict... click here [see also here: No Friend of Fatima: Unspinning Ferrara's Defense of Benedict XVI]
- Credible COMPACT Magazine: Benedict XVI may have resigned to keep from getting assassinated
- Video: The Future Home of Benedict XVI Emeritus
- Vatican Releases Schedule for [Anti-]Pope's Final Days
- Mark Giszczak: "Papal Resignation Math - Why February 28, 2013?" [Or maybe it's just because that's the end of the month...]
- Video: Benedict XVI says he will remain "hidden from the world" in retirement
- "2013 Pope Blog" from Catholic Family News
- Is Benedict's Successor Already Running the Vatican?
- Ratzinger will have Security, Immunity by Staying in Vatican
- As he leaves office, Ratzinger pushes old "Return to the Real Council" canard
- Benedict against the "Wolves" in the Vatican? Not so - Flashback 2012: "I Feel Safe With You", Ratzinger says to "Cardinals" at Luncheon
- Guess What: Jewish Leaders Praise Benedict XVI
- Is Ratzinger Blind in one Eye? Details of Ailments Emerge
- Benedict XVI TV: Speeches, Events, and Clips of the False Pontiff
- The Final Week: Vatican Confirms Details of Benedict XVI's Last Week
- "Cardinal" Coccopalmerio reveals: After resignation, Fr. Joseph Ratzinger will still be addressed as "His Holiness, Benedict XVI", Carry Title of "Bishop Emeritus of Rome"
- From Ecstasy to Agony: Conservative Novus Ordos Vent Disappointment over Benedict's "Papacy"
- Religion News Service: News & Analysis on the "Papal" Transition
- Vatican: Details on Benedict's Last Public Appearance as "Pope", Feb. 27
- Investigative Dossier by "Cardinals" Herranz, Tomko, and De Giorgi Reportedly Includes Confidential Letter from Vatican Official describing "Presumed Plot to Kill Benedict"
- Released Feb. 25: Benedict XVI's "Apostolic Letter" Motu Proprio Regarding the Election of the "Roman Pontiff" - allows "Cardinals" to move up date of conclave
- Vatican: After February 28, Fr. Ratzinger's title to be "His Holiness Benedict XVI, Pope Emeritus"
- Benedict XVI's English Remarks during Final General Audience (Feb. 27, 2013)
- Video: The Last General Audience (Feb. 27, 2013)
- Video: Benedict XVI Leaves the Vatican (Feb. 28, 2013)
- Video: Benedict XVI's Last Public Words, at Castel Gandolfo (Feb. 28, 2013)
- Video: The Hour of Resignation at Castelgandolfo (Feb. 28, 2013)
- Photo Gallery: Benedict XVI Departs the Vatican
- Photo Gallery: Benedict's "Papacy" Ends at Castelgandolfo
- It's Two O'Clock: Do You Know Where Your "Pope" Is?
- Listen Anytime: Restoration Radio: "The Legacy of Benedict XVI, Part 2" - Two-Hour Discussion with Bp. Donald Sanborn, full of Informative Details about the "Papacy" and Theology of Joseph Ratzinger
- Right they are: Novus Ordo Canonists take issue with Benedict XVI now calling himself still "Pope", albeit Emeritus
- Benedict's New Role as "Retired Pope" - Too much to take even for Ratzinger's "Defense Lawyer"
- Benedict XVI out of sight as Conclave begins to elect his Successor
- Oh, Brother: Benedict XVI's Resignation seen as "Martyrdom" by close Collaborator
- April 10, 2013: Ratzinger's Health Failing
Related Information and Links
- Conclave Watch: Information & Details on the Conclave of 2013
- Stay up to date: Novus Ordo Watch Twitter Feed
- A Real Pope who resigned: Pope St. Celestine V (St. Peter Celestine)
- Church History: Benedict XVI Not the First to Resign
- Benedict XVI: No Friend of Fatima
- "One and the Same Rite": How Benedict XVI Tries to Destroy the Traditional Mass
- The Laundry List: Dr. Tom Droleskey Reviews the false "Pontificate" of Benedict XVI
- Italian Author Antonio Socci predicted the Resignation of Benedict XVI
[Socci is the author of The Fourth Secret of Fatima - see more here]
- Bp. Bernard Fellay, SSPX: "It will probably be necessary to wait for the next Pope"
AP Video: Benedict announces his Resignation
Neo-Traditionalists like the people at The Remnant, Catholic Family News, etc., must be in total consternation now. What if Benedict's successor takes back Summorum Pontificum and other concessions made to them? Will it all be going back to square one? False principles coming home to roost...