Ninety years of Joseph Ratzinger
“Pope Emeritus” Benedict XVI turns 90
April 16 of this year marks the 90th birthday of Joseph Alois Ratzinger, more commonly known by his stage name, “Pope Emeritus” Benedict XVI. As Novus Ordo, semi-traditionalist, and secular TV and print media, web sites, and blogs will probably try to surpass each other in heaping praise upon the “orthodox, conservative Pope”, that “Great Restorer of Tradition”, we will use the occasion to remind people that Father Joseph Ratzinger — for that is all he is, never having received a valid consecration as bishop, much less the Papacy — has been a Modernist from his earliest days and is one of the most dangerous enemies of the Faith the Catholic Church has ever known. Unlike his successor, the verbally inept “Pope” Francis, the intellectually-gifted Benedict XVI uses smooth and elegant language, wrapped in a veneer of orthodoxy and Tradition, to inject his subversive ideas into the minds of the unsuspecting masses.
Few people are aware that as far back as the 1950s, Ratzinger was already branded “suspect of heresy” by the Holy Office under Pope Pius XII; that at the Second Vatican Council, the peritus Ratzinger was called by some a “heretic who denies [the dogma of] hell”; that at Vatican II, Ratzinger complained that the council texts relied too much on Teilhard de Chardin and not enough on Martin Luther; that in 1968, his blockbuster book Introduction to Christianity was banned in the archdiocese of Warsaw by Cardinal Wyszynski for being Modernist; that in 1972, Ratzinger argued that it was possible in some cases to permit unrepentant public adulterers to “Holy Communion”; that Ratzinger is on record denying dogmas such as the Bodily Resurrection of Christ, papal primacy, and infant baptism; that Ratzinger told a Protestant woman working in the Vatican not to convert to Catholicism; that it was Ratzinger who “saved” the heretical so-called Lutheran-Catholic Accord; and so forth, ad nauseam.
What follows is a select collection of links that document the Modernistic mind of the man unjustly reputed to be a stalwart orthodox Roman Catholic:
- Ratzinger was branded “Suspect of Heresy” under Pope Pius XII
- “Cardinal” Ratzinger: A Prefect for the Destruction of the Faith
- Memories of a Destructive Mind — Ratzinger’s Milestones (Part 1)
- Memories of a Destructive Mind — Ratzinger’s Milestones (Part 2)
- Ratzinger: Demolish the Holy Office!
- Ratzinger’s Introduction to Christianity Banned in Warsaw Diocese by Cardinal Wyszynski for being too Liberal
- Ratzinger: “Raze the Catholic Bastions!”
- Ratzinger denies Dogma of Infant Baptism
- Ratzinger denies Dogma of No Salvation outside the Catholic Church
- Ratzinger says Jews’ Wait for Messiah not in vain
- Ratzinger denies Dogma of Papal Primacy
- Ratzinger denies Catholic Teaching on Original Sin
- Ratzinger Personally Consecrates Neo-Modernist “Bishop” Bruno Forte
- Benedict XVI says of deceased Lutheran minister that “this faithful servant” has “attained eternal joy”!
- Benedict XVI repudiates Nothing of his Work at Vatican II
- The false “Pontificate” of Benedict XVI
- Benedict XVI and the “Prophetic Mission of Fatima”
- Benedict XVI is No Friend of Fatima
- 1972 Ratzinger Essay argues for Allowing Divorced/”Remarried” to Receive Sacraments
- Ratzinger says because of World Wars, Auschwitz, and Hiroshima, we can no longer speak of the time since Christ’s Birth as a “time of salvation”
- Ratzinger writes to Hans Küng, notes “Great Agreement of Views” with Francis
- Ratzinger told Lutheran Worker in Vatican NOT to become a Catholic
- Faith Imperiled by Ratzinger: Benedict XVI’s Hermeneutics
- Benedict XVI, Judaism, and the Church
- Karl Rahner Testimony reveals Ratzinger called “heretic who denies hell”
- The Fideism of “Cardinal” Ratzinger
- At Vatican II, Fr. Ratzinger complained Gaudium et Spes relied too much on Teilhard de Chardin, not enough on Martin Luther!
- “Cardinal” Ratzinger rejects Scholastic Theology
- “Cardinal” Ratzinger gave Communion to Known Protestant
- “God is entirely Relationship” — St. Thomas not Ratzinger’s Master
- In 1968 Book, Ratzinger defends “Anonymous Christianity” of Karl Rahner
- Fr. Ratzinger on the Papacy (1965)
- Ratzinger Denies Fundamental Dogma of the Church
- The True Colors of Benedict XVI
- Ratzinger in Favor of Decentralizing the Papacy
- More Collegiality with Benedict XVI?
- Ratzinger’s Dream for the Future Church
- Protestant Theologian Admits Ratzinger was known as “Radical Progressivist”
- In 2001, Ratzinger’s Congregation Declared Pope Leo XIII’s Condemnation of 40 Rosmini Errors as Time-Conditioned and Falsely Interpreting Rosmini’s Thought
- The Progressivist Orientation of Joseph Ratzinger
- NYT Reports Ratzinger a Long-Time Admirer of Martin Luther
- Ratzinger Approved “Mass” without Consecration! “…the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith on January 17th, 2001 concluded that this Anaphora can be considered valid.”
- Ratzinger – “99% Protestant”
- Ratzinger Called Vatican II Document Gaudium Et Spes “Counter-Syllabus” to Pope Pius IX’s Syllabus of Errors, Said Vatican II Presents Attempt at Reconciliation with French Revolution
- Ratzinger Reportedly Said Jews’ Rejection of Jesus Christ not a Rejection of God
- Ratzinger’s Dominus Iesus Document – a Critical Analysis
- Ratzinger Credited with Saving Lutheran Agreement
- Ratzinger’s 1993 Program for an Ecumenical Church
- How Benedict XVI’s Summorum Pontificum destroys the Traditional Latin Mass
Even more links and information on Fr. Ratzinger can be found on our Benedict XVI topical page.
Joseph Ratzinger is entirely a man of Vatican II. In fact, in a book first published in 1982, he made clear what he thinks of those who oppose the council: “…they represent a sectarian zealotry that is the antithesis of Catholicity. We cannot resist them too firmly” (Joseph Ratzinger, Principles of Catholic Theology [San Francisco, CA Ignatius Press, 1987], pp. 389-90).
So, for all those semi-traditionalists who were throwing a birthday party for that “Great Restorer of Tradition” today: The party is over.
Image source: shutterstock.com
I am a new visitor to Novus Ordo Watch, having recently come back to the Catholic Church – the real one, not the semi-Protestant sect running the Vatican. Please explain to me why Catholic priests who see so many worthy things in the Protestant sects, don’t just leave the Catholic Church and become Protestants?
Because they want to change the Catholic Church, not leave it. They want Catholicism to change.
They wouldn’t have the many benefits in the protestant groups as they now have.
Yes, and this is one reason Fellay is moving into their camp, cushy benefits.
And they work in terms of decades and centuries.
Also, unless they were ordained before 1968, their claim to the priesthood is doubtful.
What NOW said.
I’ll add that the Catholic Church is for many if not most people a “national church” like the Anglican Church or the Russian Orthodox Church, rather than the safeguard of the essential Truth. This attitude is in fact strongly supported by the Novus Ordo’s insistence on not proselytizing anymore. So if you’re an “ethnic Catholic”, and all your friends and relations are “ethnic Catholics”, and almost all of you have absorbed the liberal/Protestant BS, you don’t necessarily uproot yourself over to the Protestant churches (although some do), but instead change the Catholic church from within.
This might also explain why so many traditional Catholics — especially those who cannot understand the appeal of Recognize-and-Resist — are converts who wouldn’t feel the urge to “belong” to the Novus Ordo for ethnic or social reasons. My impression is that the proportion of trads who were escapees from the Novus Ordo is still a majority, but it’s not a crushing majority and over time appears to be less and less the case as Novus Ordos and trads solidify into being obviously separate religions. By contrast, only 10% of Novus Ordos are converts, and only 7% of Novus Ordos are converts from Protestantism.
Also, the level of deception is overwhelming in the v2 sect. These priests truly believe they are Catholic, unaware that they are working under the operation of error.
Watched the Easter Vigil tonight at the Vatican. Can anyone tell who the clergy are that were serving at the altar in blue cassocks and surplices? I have never seen blue cassocks worn with red cinctures at the altar. Sometimes choir kids but not clergy. Is this a new custom? Also women cantors and readers?
You may as well watch the CoE celebrations. There is no difference. They are both heretical sects.
Cranmer and his boys simply implemented the Novus Ordo 400 years early. England was the devil’s guinea pig, and he saw it worked wonderfully.
The only major difference between the Anglicans and the Novus Ordo is that the former loudly rejected the traditional Catholic Magisterium in favor of explicitly Protestant principles, whereas the Novus Ordo was much sneakier about it. Which is more or less the difference between Fake Popes Francis and Benedict XVI, in fact.
Another interesting fact about Ratzo: he’s the last surviving “Cardinal” made by Fake Pope Paul VI.
Truth be told, they hate the Roman Catholic Church. Why do you think they choose to emphasize ecumenism, a false doctrine condemned by more than a few Popes who saw it as symptomatic of Modernism? These “reforms” are destructive in nature and who is the ultimate destroyer? Satan. Deluded by visions of a global religion based on a cult of man they attack Our Lord’s Church with vigor and determined hatred. Cast their smiles, hugs and kisses aside for those are only for show.
The Vatican II cult is coming to its end. Time is running out for this heresy.
That makes no sense, especially for liberals because (by their very definition) they are in constant defiance of the church doctrines and as such the papacy itself. So now that they have their own antipope infesting the chair of Peter (and destroying church doctrine) why should any Catholic feel obliged to follow him or any church doctrine or the liberals at all? In fact, what’s the point of even belonging to the Church anymore now that the liberals have changed it to fit the world’s standards? Feel free to riddle that out for us.
Hello all. I am new to Novus Ordo Watch, but I find this very interesting. I was wondering where I can find more information about Benedict? I like the article, but I don’t see any footnotes. I’m not trying to imply that the information in the article is made up, but I would just like to have sources so I can do more research. I’m starting to see more and more that Benedict is no real friend of Tradition, and he is just a man of the council. So many Catholics I speak with see Benedict as this great Pope, and I just want more information to help show them he isn’t. Thanks in advance.
Hello… Every one of the bullet points has a hyperlink attached to it. That is the documentation. Our entire Benedict XVI page is here: http://novusordowatch.org/benedict-xvi/
Thanks so much! I realized the bullet points had the link right after posting.
OK, great. Welcome to Novus Ordo Watch! God bless you.