“Dear Arsonist, please put out the fire!”
“Plea to the Pope”:
VIP Lineup asks Francis to get his Act together
Well, at least it’s a serious effort they’re making, and not just a “click here to sign a petition” ad: “Bishop” Athanasius Schneider, “Fr.” Linus Clovis, and fourteen Novus Ordo life and family leaders from various countries have produced a 30-minute video in which they plead with their “Holy Father” to please stop attacking Catholicism and finally teach sound doctrine. The immediate trigger for this move was the release of Francis’ chaos exhortation Amoris Laetitia, which effectively permits unrepentant public fornicators and adulterers to receive the Novus Ordo version of Holy Communion:
- The Highlights: Francis’ “Apostolic Exhortation” Amoris Laetitia
- Chaos Watch: The Aftermath of Amoris Laetitia
The following clip is a four-minute summary, followed by the full-length video:
These clips were published by the pro-life web site Life Site News, which has also released an article to accompany the videos:
While it seems clear that these people are of good will, it must again be pointed out that it is sheer folly to recognize the manifest apostate Jorge Bergoglio as the Pope of the Catholic Church. That is the source of all the agony and confusion to begin with. Here a public non-Catholic is being accepted as the head of the Catholic Church, and people are in shock that he’s not teaching Catholicism. Well?!
Amoris Laetitia was written with the intent to cause precisely the chaos it is now producing, so Francis won’t change a thing. If he had not wanted these results, he would have published a different document. Ambiguity is the method of choice for heretics, especially Modernists, who seek to undermine Catholicism. Have these people forgotten what Francis told “Archbishop” Bruno Forte? He said to him: “If we speak explicitly of Communion for the Divorced-and-Remarried, we don’t know what a mess will result. So let’s not mention it directly. Make sure the premises are there, and I will draw the conclusions”! This was related to the media directly by Archlayman Forte, who, by the way, had been appointed by Francis as the Special Secretary of the Synods on the Family.
So, by petitioning Francis to “clarify” or withdraw Amoris Laetitia, or even “condemn” its errors, these 16 people are effectively asking the arsonist to put out the fire. It’s like asking McDonald’s for help in combating obesity. Fat chance of that happening!
The Life Site effort to petition Francis to change course comes on the heels of a 13-page document being delivered to all 219 Novus Ordo cardinals that calls on them to tell Francis to repudiate the errors contained in the infamous exhortation. The document sent “Cardinal” Angelo Sodano et al. has been signed by 45 “Catholic prelates, scholars, professors, authors, and clergy from various pontifical universities, seminaries, colleges, theological institutes, religious orders, and dioceses around the world”, as Edward Pentin reports. So far, the full text has not been released.
As a reminder to all those who consider themselves traditional Catholics, let’s recall two Apostolic Letters of Pope Leo XIII in which he addressed the question of submission to the Pope and his Magisterium:
- “To the shepherds alone was given all power to teach, to judge, to direct; on the faithful was imposed the duty of following their teaching, of submitting with docility to their judgment, and of allowing themselves to be governed, corrected, and guided by them in the way of salvation. Thus, it is an absolute necessity for the simple faithful to submit in mind and heart to their own pastors, and for the latter to submit with them to the Head and Supreme Pastor.” (Leo XIII, Apostolic Letter Epistola Tua)
- “…it is to give proof of a submission which is far from sincere to set up some kind of opposition between one Pontiff and another. Those who, faced with two differing directives, reject the present one to hold to the past, are not giving proof of obedience to the authority which has the right and duty to guide them; and in some ways they resemble those who, on receiving a condemnation, would wish to appeal to a future council, or to a Pope who is better informed.” (Epistola Tua)
- “That obligation, if it is generally incumbent on all, is, you may indeed say, especially pressing upon journalists…. The task pertaining to them … is this: to be subject completely in mind and will, just as all the other faithful are, to their own bishops and to the Roman Pontiff; to follow and make known their teachings; to be fully and willingly subservient to their influence; and to reverence their precepts and assure that they are respected.” (Epistola Tua)
- “No, it cannot be permitted that laymen who profess to be Catholic should go so far as openly to arrogate to themselves in the columns of a newspaper, the right to denounce, and to find fault, with the greatest license and according to their own good pleasure, with every sort of person, not excepting bishops, and think that with the single exception of matters of faith they are allowed to entertain any opinion which may please them and exercise the right to judge everyone after their own fashion.” (Leo XIII, Apostolic Letter Est Sane Molestum)
- “…to scrutinize the actions of a bishop, to criticize them, does not belong to individual Catholics, but concerns only those who, in the sacred hierarchy, have a superior power; above all, it concerns the Supreme Pontiff….” (Est Sane Molestum)
This would prevent an insoluble dilemma for Catholics if Francis were indeed the Pope of the Catholic Church. Good thing he’s not!
The fact that numerous high-profile Novus Ordo clergy, academics, and others have now publicly challenged Francis makes Michael Voris look even worse now than he ever did before. Just the other day he told his hapless lemmings that Francis “isn’t the problem”, it’s the evil “bishops” he and his predecessors have appointed! He should work for the Comedy Channel.
As far as the particular errors contained in Amoris Laetitia, we highly recommend the following programs that dissect the exhortation and refute its theses using traditional Catholic doctrine:
- TRADCAST 013: The Amoris Laetitia Super Show (free)
- Downloadable Transcript of TRADCAST 013 (free)
- Restoration Radio: Bp. Sanborn destroys Amoris Laetitia, Part 1 (free preview)
- Restoration Radio: Bp. Sanborn destroys Amoris Laetitia, Part 2 (free preview)
- Restoration Radio: Bp. Sanborn destroys Amoris Laetitia, Part 3 (free preview)
Will these high-profile efforts to get Francis to change course actually make a difference to anything? Probably not. Our prediction is that Francis will ignore all of this. At the very least, he will most certainly not accede to these petitioners’ requests. He would look like a complete pushover and jeopardize his entire putative power if he did so. It will never happen. Yet, it will be interesting to see how Francis addresses this if some reporter brings it up to him in the next in-flight entertainment press conference. Ed Pentin, you up for that?
In any case, although what we’re seeing here will surely come to nothing, nevertheless it shows a growing exasperation with Francis’ destructive work, which is a necessary prerequisite for a future schism — which appears to be exactly what Francis intends to bring about.
Be the first to start a conversation