Francis’ beloved henchman dies…
Francis’ “Apostolic” Commissioner over the Franciscans of the Immaculate, Fidenzio Volpi, is Dead
The Province of St. Charles of the Capuchin Friars Minor in Lombardy has announced the passing away of “Fr.” Fidenzio Volpi, the “Apostolic” Commissioner who had been tyrannizing the Novus Ordo Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate for suspicion of Catholicism due to their traditional bent in liturgical matters and some writings mildly critical of the Second Vatican Council.
Mr. Volpi had recently been hospitalized after suffering a stroke. He died reportedly on June 7, 2015, at 11:00 am. He was 75.
Here are some posts with more details:
- E’ morto padre Fidenzio Volpi (Corrispondenza Romana)
- FRATI F. I.: è morto il commissario p. Volpi (Messa in Latino)
- Papal Commissioner over Franciscans of the Immaculate Fr. Volpi dies (Rorate Caeli)
- FFI. Morto P. Volpi. E adesso? (La Stampa – Marco Tosatti)
The following image was published by Corrispondenza Romana, announcing Volpi’s death:
Volpi had been selected by “Cardinal” João Bráz de Aviz to oversee the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate after Francis decided they were drifting too far from the Modernist program and suppressed the 1962 indult Mass for the Friars which they had been using. Volpi’s tyrannical rule resulted in the virtual destruction of the order.
Here are some details for review, in chronological order:
- Francis Forbids Religious Order from Using Old Latin Mass
- Why Francis Punished the Franciscans of the Immaculate
- Laity Demand Vatican Remove Commissioner Volpi
- Vatican Rejects Calls for Removal of “Apostolic” Commissioner
We pray that “Fr.” Volpi repented of his false religion and his evil works before he passed, and that he died in the state of sanctifying grace.
Image source: corrispondenzaromana.it
Licenses: fair use