True Catholic, True Pope, True Saint
SANCTUS PIUS X:
Giuseppe Sarto Declared a Saint 60 Years Ago
Today commemorates a most joyous occasion for all true Catholics: Giuseppe Melchiorre Sarto, better known as Pope Pius X, was declared a Saint of the Catholic Church exactly 60 years ago, on May 29, 1954, by His Holiness, Pope Pius XII. The canonization came less than 40 years after the death of the holy Pontiff, who had passed to his eternal reward on August 20, 1914.
To celebrate this wonderful anniversary, we are posting various video clips of the canonization ceremony presided over by Pius XII, as well as a most rare video of St. Pius X alive:
Saint Pius X walking through the Vatican Gardens
The Canonization of Saint Pius X (Giuseppe Sarto)
In addition to these videos, we also highly recommend the Pius X Canonization Photo Collection.
The Rorate Caeli blog has posted an English translation of the Address of Pope Pius XII for the Canonization of Saint Pius X, which he gave following the rite of canonization.
To learn more about the great St. Pius X, his importance for the Church at a critical time in her life, his extraordinary sanctity, and his unyielding zeal for the purity of the Catholic Faith, see our Tribute to Saint Pius X, Scourge of the Modernists, as well as the many links below. It is abundantly clear that the religion of Pope Pius X is not the religion of “Pope” Francis.
Pius X’s Most Important Doctrinal Papal Documents:
- E Supremi – on the Restoration of All Things in Christ (1903)
- Acerbo Nimis – on the Teaching of Christian Doctrine (1905)
- Vehementer Nos – on Separation of Church and State (1906)
- Lamentabili Sane – the Syllabus of Modernist Errors (1907)
- Pascendi Dominici Gregis – on the Doctrine of the Modernists (1907)
- Praestantia Scripturae – on the Bible & Modernism (1907)
- Editae Saepe – on St. Charles Borromeo (1910)
- Sacrorum Antistitum – the Oath Against Modernism (1910)
- Our Apostolic Mandate – on Sillonism (1910)
Videos & Tidbits on St. Pius X:
- Gli Uomini Non Guardano Il Cielo – The only Movie ever made about Pope Pius X (Italian)
- Ecclesiastical Milestones of Pope St. Pius X – Catholic-Hierarchy.org
- Photo Collection: Saint Pius X
- Extensive Photo Collection: Pope Saint Pius X
- Book Recommendation: “Saint Pius X: Restorer of the Church” by Yves Chiron, with many gorgeous photos
- Modernism’s Eternal Foe, Our Eternal Friend: St. Pius X and the Conciliar Church by Tom Droleskey
Be the first to start a conversation