No confirmations, no ordinations, but forced concelebrations — and then some!
Enough Already! Francis doubles down on Traditional Latin Mass Restrictions
(REUTERS / Alamy Stock Photo)
It’s amazing how quickly the Modernists occupying the Vatican structures can respond to a set of dubia (questions asking for clarification) if they really want to.
Whereas “Cardinals” Walter Brandmüller and Raymond Burke are still waiting after over five years for answers to their dubia concerning Amoris Laetitia, the Vatican didn’t take long to provide clarification concerning Francis’ July 16, 2021 decree Traditionis Custodes, which severely curtails the right to use the Missal of 1962, commonly referred to as the Traditional Latin Mass. Numerous Novus Ordo bishops throughout the world had written the Vatican asking for clarification on various points.
Today, Dec. 18, the Vatican’s so-called Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, headed by “Abp.” Arthur Roche, released an official letter in which eleven questions about the correct interpretation and application of Traditionis Custodes are answered. The instruction, which was explicitly approved by Francis, includes explanatory notes and some introductory comments.
The full document is available from the Vatican web site here:
- “Responsa ad Dubia of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments on some Provisions of the Apostolic Letter issued Motu Proprio Traditionis Custodes of the Supreme Pontiff Francis” (Dec. 18, 2021)
Here are further links introducing the new document and explaining its contents:
- “Traditional Latin Mass restrictions: Here’s what you need to know” (Catholic World Report)
- “Celebration of Old Rite: Holy See responds to Questions presented by Bishops” (Vatican News)
- “Vatican orders forced Concelebrations, New Restrictions on Traditional Mass and Sacraments” (Life Site)
- “Vatican lays down the Law on the Old Rite” (The Tablet)
- “Vatican’s New Guidelines Further Restrict Traditional Rites” (National Catholic Register)
- “Traditionis custodes: Vatican further tightens restrictions on Traditional Latin Mass” (Catholic World Report)
- “The Second Atomic Bomb Has Exploded: CDW Issues Directives Banning Confirmations and Ordinations and Decreeing the End of Ecclesia Dei Communities” (Catholic Family News)
- “Urgent – Roche Christmas Massacre – CDW Instruction on Latin Mass in the form of Responses to Dubia” (Rorate Caeli)
- “A ‘Revolution of Tenderness’, or ‘The Roche Christmas Massacre’: A Farce in Eleven Dubia“ (Rorate Caeli)
- “Pope of Mercy Restricts Traditional Sacraments, Bans Traditional Confirmations & Ordinations Without Exception” (The Remnant)
We will, of course, have copious commentary on this, but it will be given in a separate blog post and in a podcast, so stay tuned!
Meanwhile, here is our anaylsis and commentary on Francis’ original motu proprio letter, Traditionis Custodes:
- The Party Is Over: Francis kills ‘Summorum Pontificum’, severely limits Use of 1962 Missal
- The Traditional Mask is Off: Commentary on Francis’ Move against the Latin Mass (PODCAST)
- Additional Resources: Sedevacantist Clergy analyze Traditionis Custodes (Audio/Video/Transcripts)
We’ll be back with more soon.
Image source: alamy.com (REUTERS)