From the frying pan into the fire?
Vatican Rumors: Schönborn to head CDF, Müller to Mainz?
The Malaysian Novus Ordo paper Herald has published an interesting article regarding expected upcoming personnel changes at the Vatican. Citing “well-placed sources” at Vatican City, the July 15 article states that Francis had originally meant to make some major changes to the Roman Curia in mid-May, which are now expected to take place in September, after the long summer hiatus. Here is a link to the full article:
- Changes at the Vatican Curia (July 15, 2016)
The Herald makes a number of interesting predictions. The most explosive of them is the following: Francis may transfer “Cardinal” Gerhard Ludwig Muller, currently the head of the so-called Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), to the vacant see in Mainz, Germany — and move “Cardinal” Christoph Schonborn, currently the “Archbishop” of Vienna, from the Austrian capital to Rome to become Muller’s successor at the CDF. This would be a bombshell and guarantee that Francis’ steamroller of apostasy will be operating at full throttle without interference from the CDF for years to come. (The CDF, we remember, is the Novus Ordo version of the Holy Office, charged with overseeing and ensuring doctrinal orthodoxy throughout the Church.)
This prediction, although it is unclear whether it is just a “good guess” or a credible rumor, certainly comes with a solid foundation:
- “Cardinal” Muller is a native of Mainz
- Muller is a former student of “Cardinal” Karl Lehmann, who just resigned as “Bishop” of Mainz
- Muller wrote his doctoral dissertation under “Cardinal” Lehmann
- There have been credible reports of an ongoing enmity between Francis and Muller, which, of course, is officially denied
- Francis loves “Cardinal” Schonborn, who presented the apostate Jesuit’s exhortation Amoris Laetitia at the April 8 Vatican press conference, whereas “Cardinal” Muller was reportedly furious about having gotten a different text to review than the one that was released
- Francis pointed to “Cardinal” Schonborn’s interpretation of Amoris Laetitia as being the authoritative and correct one
- Schonborn is very open to Francis’ ultimate destruction of the remnants of Catholicism
- Schonborn played an essential role in writing the 1992 Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Schonborn is already a member of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
Although Muller is as much of a Modernist as the rest of the gang in the Vatican, he has repeatedly spoken out against adultery, something effectively sanctioned by Francis’ new course. For his part, Schonborn is everything that is wrong with the Novus Ordo religion all rolled up into one individual: He is on record praising homo couples, he has expressed his delight at a transvestite blasphemer’s victory in a European song contest, he has stabbed at least two local priests who spoke against homosexuality in the back, he has been accused of being a Freemason, and of course he has given his full support to the now-defunct “Find-Fight-Follow” chaotic liturgical youth movement.
We will have to see how all this plays out. Meanwhile, get the popcorn ready.