Information about the 1958 Conclave and
CARDINAL GIUSEPPE SIRI
Was he elected Pope Gregory XVII
on October 26, 1958?
There were certain irregularities about the election during that 1958 conclave, as Cardinal Tisserant has himself acknowledged. Some say Agagianian was elected, others Siri, others some other cardinal, and that the camerlengo [=chamberlain] then annulled the election. In any case, I’m quite sure John XXIII chose his name, the name of an antipope [of the 15th century], quite consciously, to show he had been irregularly elected.
(Fr. Charles-Roux, Inside the Vatican, September 2004, p. 41)
Finally, one cannot consider as schismatics those who refuse to obey the Roman Pontiff because they would hold his person suspect or, because of widespread rumors, doubtfully elected (as happened after the election of Urban VI) or who would resist him as a civil authority and not as pastor of the Church.
(F. X. Wernz and Peter Vidal, Ius Canonicum [Rome: Gregorian, 1937], Vol. 7, p. 398)
The Church will be punished because the majority of her members, high and low, will become so perverted. The Church will sink deeper and deeper until she will at last seem to be extinguished, and the succession of Peter and the other Apostles to have expired. But, after this, she will be victoriously exalted in the sight of all doubters.
(St. Nicholas of Flue; qtd. in Catholic Prophecy, edited by Yves Dupont, p. 30; underlining added.)
We present the following items not so much to assert them as indisputable fact but to help inform and educate the public and to make people ask questions about and research what truly happened after the death of Pope Pius XII:
- Former FBI Consultant Claims: U.S. Intel Documents show Cardinal Siri elected Pope Gregory XVII in 1958
- Video: The Conclave of 1958, Smoke Signal Confusion, Roncalli shows up on Balcony
- Interview Series: Jim Condit, Jr. on the 1958 Conclave, Sedevacantism, and the Siri Thesis
- Findings, Arguments, Speculations on Conclaves of 1958 and 1963
- St. Francis of Assisi Prophecy: “Jesus Christ will send them not a true Pastor, but a destroyer”
- Article in Milan Newspaper mentions Smoke Signal Confusion at 1958 Conclave: “Even Yesterday ‘Fumate Nere’ [Black Smoke] Out of the Sistine Chapel” (Corriere della Sera, Oct. 27, 1958)
- Mgr. Fulton Sheen Prophecy in 1948: On Anti-Christ and the Anti-Church
- Fr. Bernard Kramer Prediction in 1955: Hindered Papal Election, by means of threats, would put Church through extended interregnum, immense suffering
- Comments on the Eclipse of the Church and October 26, 1958
- Highly speculative, but very interesting: WhiteSmoke1958.com
- Response to John Vennari & Rev. Nicholas Gruner on their Q&A about possible Cardinal Siri Election
Cardinal Siri Speaks (post-Vatican II):
- “The Rock” (1967) — veiled references to a Papacy in eclipse
- “The Infallible Ordinary Magisterium” (1968) — in infallibility and the Faith
- “The Hour of Peter” (1970) — curious references to drugs and hallucinogens
- “The Election of the Roman Pontiff” (1972) — on external forces trying to influence papal conclaves
- “The Marginalization of the Church” (1972) — on secular attacks on the Church
- “Does Orthodoxy Exist?” (1977) — on orthodoxy and heresy
- “I don’t even know what Collegiality is” (1978) — mocking Vatican II doctrine
- “Theologians and the Magisterium” (1980) — on the authority of theologians
- “Outside the Church there is No Salvation” (1985) — against indifferentism